The user may encounter the following error message when trying to reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010:
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
- All ThinkStation systems.
- All ThinkCentre systems.
- All Value Line (Lenovo 3000) systems.
- All ThinkPad systems.
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
To recreate the issue:
- Install "Microsoft Office Starter 2010" by:
Start Menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Office 2010 -> Use -> Open
- Remove R: drive by:
Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 -> Uninstall
"Microsoft Office Starter 2010" will be removed as well.
The user may remove "Microsoft Office Starter 2010" prior to removing R: drive by:
Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Microsoft Office Starter 2010 -> Uninstall
- Reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010, by repeating step #1 above.
The user may need to import the following registry files before reinstalling "Microsoft Office Starter 2010" by completing the following steps:
- Start Notepad.
- Copy and paste the following text into Notepad:
Click here to download the registry file for 32-bit systems
For 32-bit system:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\CVH\Override] "DriveLetter"="R:"
Click here to download the registry file for 64-bit systems
For 64-bit system:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0\CVH\Override] "DriveLetter"="R:"
- Save the text to your working folder as DriveLetter.reg
Note: Please ensure that you save the file without the .txt extension. The file's extension should be .reg.
- Exit Notepad.
- Double click DriveLetter.reg and select Yes to continue importing the registry file.