Lenovo Diagnostics - Bootable USB is a diagnostic tool that can be booted itself and tests the memory and hard drives in Lenovo ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation and ThinkServer.
Note: The USB diagnostic tool has to be created on a Linux system first, and only then it can be used on a Lenovo computer regardless of what Operating System the system has once it is created.
- E63z, E73, E73z, E79, E93, E93z
- Edge62z, Edge71, Edge71z, Edge72, Edge72z, Edge91, Edge91z, Edge92, Edge92z
- M32, M53, M60e, M62z, M71e, M71z, M72e, M72z, M73, M73e, M73z, M75e, M76, M77
- M78, M79, M81, M82, M83, M83z, M90z, M91, M91p, M92, M92z, M93, M93p, M93z
- C20, C20x, C30
- D20, D30
- E30, E31, E32
- P300, P500, P700, P900
- S20, S30
- Edge E120, Edge E125, Edge E130, Edge E135, Edge E145
- Edge E220s, Edge E320, Edge E325, Edge E330, Edge E335
- Edge E420, Edge E420s, Edge E425, Edge E430, Edge E430c, Edge E431, Edge E435, Edge E440, Edge E445, Edge E455
- Edge E520, Edge E525, Edge E530, Edge E530c, Edge E531, Edge E535, Edge E540, Edge E545, Edge E555, Edge L330
- L420, L430, L440, L520, L530, L540
- S430, S431, S440, S531, S540
- Twist S230u
- T420, T420s, T430, T430s, T430u, T431s, T440, T440s, T440p, T520, T530, T540p
- W520, W530, W540
- X121e, X130e, X131e, X140e
- X1, X1 Carbon (Type 20A7, 20A8), X1 Carbon (Type 34xx)
- X220, X230, X230s, X240, X240s, X220 Tablet, X230 Tablet
- S1 Yoga, Yoga 11e, Yoga 14
- Lenovo Essential
- B475e, B480, B490, B490s, B575e, B580, B590
- B4400, B4450s, B5400
- E49, E4430
- K29, K49, K2450, K4350, K4450
- G400, G400s, G405, G405s, G410, G410s, G480, G485
- G500, G500s, G505, G505s, G510, G510s, G580, G585, G700, G710, G780
- M490, M490s, M495, M4400, M4400s, M4450, M5400
- V480, V480c, V480s, V490u, V580, V580c, V4400, V4400u
|Supported Operating Systems
- All Operating Systems - Self Bootable
Note: It must be created on a Linux Operating System below:
- RHEL Workstation 6.x
- SUSE Server 11
- Ubuntu 11.04
- ADD: Storage - New eMMC Write Test for Windows.
- ADD: New Processor Diagnostic for Windows and Linux.
- ADD: New Optical Drive Diagnostic for Windows and Linux.
- ADD: Run All option, for running all diagnostics.
- CHG: Motherboard diagnostics support Wellsburg and Valleyview chipsets.
- FIX: Translation of the word "Vendor" in German language.
- FIX: LSC CLI - Help - The PCI Express, Wireless and Video Card modules are out off pattern.
- FIX: Storage - "Scan for and recover bad sectors" is being executed as "Scan for bad sectors only".
- FIX: Video Card - After the system event "Switch User", the stress test returns status Warning.
- FIX: Video Card - After a system event, the log message of the Texture Pipeline Test displays the Total of tested patterns, but this message should not be displayed.
- FIX: Video Card - Video Memory Test and Extended Video Memory Test are returning Warning Status and Segmentation fault by cancelling the tests when current status is 0% on Red Hat.
- FIX: Video Card - The Texture Pipeline Test returns "Failed" Status when the event "Switch User" occurs on Red Hat.
- FIX: LSC CLI - Storage - LSC CLI does not recognizes the "Device ID" field when it is a non-numerical character then runs for all the devices.
- FIX: Storage - Self-Tests should run, but are returning status "Not Applicable" for some SAMSUNG drives.
- FIX: LSC CLI - Log shows characters "?????" in the label of a HD partition.
- FIX: SMART Short Self Test returns status Failed without log message.
- FIX: System Information - Video card information does not match with GPU Caps Viewer.
- FIX: Video Card - The info Shown at device info screen in Execution Log is different of described by requirements.
- FIX: All modules - The order of the tests is different in log.
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Installation Instructions