Note for ThinkPad X1 Carbon users:
This document supports both X1 Carbon (Type 3443, 3444, 3446, 3448, 3460, 3462, 3463) and X1 Carbon (Type 20A7, 20A8).
To find your X1 Carbon Type, please click here for more details.
The ThinkVantage(R) Rescue and Recovery(R) program is an essential tool that enables users and administrators to restore backups, access files, diagnose problems, and make Ethernet connections when the Microsoft(R) Windows(R) operating system cannot start or run correctly. It also enables administrators to deploy critical updates to systems that are corrupted or off the network. In addition, it can automatically apply patches to a system when a restore operation is performed.
The Rescue and Recovery program provides a workspace that runs independently of the Windows operating system. Thus, the Rescue and Recovery workspace enables you to perform rescue and recovery operations that might not be accomplished in the Windows operating system.
This package is intended for use with systems running Microsoft Windows 7.
- All ThinkCenter
- All ThinkStation
- ThinkPad Edge 11, Edge 13, Edge 14, Edge 15
- ThinkPad Edge E10, Edge E31
- ThinkPad Edge E130, Edge E135, Edge E145
- ThinkPad Edge E220s
- ThinkPad Edge E320, Edge E325, Edge E330, Edge E335
- ThinkPad Edge E420, Edge E420s, Edge E425, Edge E430, Edge E430c, Edge E431, Edge E435, Edge E445, Edge E440, E455
- ThinkPad Edge E520, Edge E525, Edge E530, Edge E530c, Edge E531, Edge E535, Edge E540, Edge E545, E555
- ThinkPad Edge L330, Edge S220
- ThinkPad L412, L420, L421, L430, L435
- ThinkPad L512, L520, L530, L535
- ThinkPad(R) Reserve Edition
- ThinkPad S1 Yoga
- ThinkPad S420, S430
- ThinkPad SL400, SL400C, SL500, SL500C, SL410, SL510
- ThinkPad Twist S230u
- ThinkPad T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T430u, T431s, T440p, T440s, T440
- ThinkPad T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i, T540p
- ThinkPad W510, W520, W530, W540
- ThinkPad W701, W701ds
- ThinkPad X1, X1 Carbon (Machine types: 20A7, 20A8), X1 Carbon (Type 34xx), X1 Hybrid
- ThinkPad X60, X61, X61s, X100e, X120e, X121e, X130, X131e, X140e
- ThinkPad X201, X201i, X201i Tablet, X201s, X201si, X220, X220i, X220i Tablet, X230, X230i, X230i Tablet, X230s, X240, X240s
- ThinkPad Yoga 14
The Rescue and Recovery 4.52 program might also work properly on other computer models that meet the system requirements below.
However, no testing for the Rescue and Recovery 4.52 program has been done and no support is provided for using the program on
any computer model other than the computer models listed above.
- Chinese - Simplified
- Chinese - Traditional (Hong Kong)
- Chinese - Traditional (Taiwan)
- Portuguese - Brazil
- Latest version of the BIOS
- 1.5 GB of free hard disk drive space (required for installation)
- 512 MB of memory (recommended)
- 8 MB of VRAM (Video Random Access Memory) shared memory set in the BIOS
- Microsoft Windows 7 operating system or its later versions
- Click the file links to download the files from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
- Click Start
- Type tvtvrnr4.52_017xx.exe in the search bar (where xx is replaced with the appropriate two-digit country/language identifier), then press Enter. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- If the file cannot be located, click search again in Computer
- Double-click the tvtvrnr4.52_017xx.exe icon.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
The Rescue and Recovery program (version 4.52.017) in English (tvtvrnr4.52_017en.exe) has fixed the following issue:
Your computer is installed with the Windows 7 operating system and the Rescue and Recovery program (version 4.52.005 or earlier). When you restore the operating system using a recovery disc that you have created, the Please insert the disc labeled ‘Final X’. message is displayed. You must click OK to proceed.
The Rescue and Recovery program in other languages remains version 4.52.005 (tvtvrnr4.52_005xx.exe).