The ThinkServer EasyUpdate Firmware Updater application (hereafter referred to as Firmware Updater) enables you to maintain your server firmware up-to-date and helps you avoid unnecessary outages.
- ThinkServer RD210 (3818, 3819, 3795, 3796)
- ThinkServer RD220 (3729, 3779, 3797, 3798)
- ThinkServer TD200 (3824, 3724, 3826, 3836)
- ThinkServer TD200x (3823, 3719)
- ThinkServer TS200 (6522, 6523, 6524, 6525, 6526, 6528, 6529, 6530)
- ThinkServer RS210 (6531, 6532, 6533, 6534)
To update the server firmware using Firmware Updater, do the following:
- Go to www.lenovo.com->Support->Downloads and drivers. Search for a version of Firmware Updater that you need.
- Download the Firmware Updater ISO image file. Then, burn the ISO image file to a CD or a DVD.
- Insert the CD or DVD into the CD or DVD drive of the server to be updated. Firmware Updater will start automatically and the welcome window opens. Note: Before inserting the CD or DVD, make sure that you have changed the boot sequence to booting from the CD or DVD drive in the BIOS.
- Read the contents in the welcome window and click Next. .
- Select Update the system and adapter firmware and click Next. Firmware Updater will detect all supported firmware and display a list of applicable firmware update packages. Note: Fully updating the server requires running Firmware Updater twice. The first cycle is to update the core system,the on-board network adapter, and all storage adapters. The second cycle is to update firmware in hard disk drives (HDDs). Before updating firmware in hard disk drives, wait for any RAID array creation or resynchronization operations to finish and make sure that all storage adapters have the most recent firmware.
- Select the firmware you want to update from the package list and click Next to update the firmware.
- Wait for the update to complete. Depending on the packages you selected, this can take up to 30 minutes. When update is complete, a result window opens.
- After reviewing the results, click Exit -> Restart to restart the server. The Firmware Updater welcome window opens.
- Read the contents in the welcome window and click Next.
- Select Update the HDD firmware. Firmware Updater will automatically update the hard disk drive (HDD) firmware.
- When all firmware has been updated, remove the CD or DVD from the CD or DVD drive and restart the server to verify that it starts normally.
This product contains open source code in compiled form. Please contact Lenovo support for information on obtaining the original source code.