The ThinkVision L171p 17-inch LCD monitor offers:
- 17.0-inch (432-mm) viewable image size
- Native resolution of 1280 x 1024
- ThinkVantage design
- Ultra-slim bezel saves space
- Tilt/swivel and height adjustable stand for optimum viewing comfort
- Pivot for portrait or landscape viewing (graphics card dependent)
- Direct access for automatic image setup and brightness provides quick and easy monitor setup
- Attachment points for optional ThinkVision USB Soundbar (40Y7616)
- Direct access for input selection allows easy movement between applications when attached to two systems simultaneously
- Matching design to ThinkPad and ThinkCentre systems
- Analog and digital connectors for attachment flexibility (15-pin D- shell analog cable and a DVI-D digital cable are provided)
- Dual input allows attachment to two systems simultaneously
- Internal power
- Kensington lock slot
- Meets 100-mm VESA standard for mounting
- Detachable base for wall or arm mounting (sold separately)
- Available in Business Black
|LCD size and type||17.0-in (432-mm) LCD|
|Viewable image size||17.0 in/ 432 mm|
|Maximum viewable area||339 x 272 mm|
|Brightness (typical)||300 cd/m2|
|Contrast (typical)||500 : 1|
|Colors||> 16.0 million|
|Viewing angle (typical)||Horizontal = +/- 70 degrees|
|Vertical = + 70/- 60 degrees|
|Cell response time (typical)||8 ms|
|RGB vertical stripe pixel pitch||0.264 mm|
|Video input||15-pin D and DVI-D|
|Tilt||0 degrees forward|
|30 degrees backward|
|Swivel||+/- 45 degrees|
|Height adjustment||110 mm|
|Pivot||Yes (graphics card dependent)|
|Factory-preset display modes||17|
|SYNC on Green||Yes|
|ISO 13406 Part 2||Yes|
|VESA DPMS power management||Yes|
|DVI-D digital cable||2.0 m|
|15-Pin D-shell analog cable||1.8 m|
|FCC B compliance||Yes|
|MPR-2 emission compliance||Yes|
|MPR-3 emission compliance||Yes|
|TCO99 Environmental Label - 9417HC2||Yes|
|TCO03 Environmental Label - 9417HH2 (EMEA)||Yes|
3 year - Customer Carry-in or Mail-in using Rapid Replacement Service
- Announce date: 31 Oct 2006 (Worldwide)
- Planned availability date: 3 Nov 2006 (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- Planned availability date: 10 Nov 2006 (United States, Canada, Latin America)
- Planned availability date: 17 Nov 2006 (Asia Pacific)
The ThinkVision L171p LCD monitor is intended to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal falling within the ThinkVision L171p specification:
Maximum addressability (pixels) 1280 x 1024
Maximum pixel rate (MHz) 135
The ThinkVision L171p supports VESA Standard Timings as detailed in "Display Monitor Timing Specification," Version 1.0, Revision 0.8, dated September 17, 1998, for the following modes:
- VGA: 640 x 480 at 60, 66, 72 and 75 Hz
- SVGA: 800 x 600 at 60, 72 and 75 Hz
- XGA: 1024 x 768 at 60, 70 and 75 Hz
- SXGA: 1280 x 1024 at 60, 70, 72 and 75 Hz
The ThinkVision L171p also supports the following modes:
- 640 x 350 at 70 Hz
- 720 x 400 at 70 Hz
- 1280 x 1024 at 76 Hz
Note: The ThinkVision L171p LCD monitor features factory-preset display modes. The actual display modes used depend on the attaching system unit, the operating system, and application software.
Dimensions (landscape orientation) and weight of the monitor and stand:
* Dimension is for maximum lift. The height at minimum lift is 15.1 inches (383 mm).
|Width||14.6 in (371 mm)||15.0 in (381 mm)|
|Depth||8.3 in (211 mm)||19.3 in (490 mm)|
|Height||19.4 in (493 mm)*||10.4 in (264 mm)|
|Weight||11.9 lb (5.4 kg)||15.2 lb (6.9 kg)|
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac +/- 10%
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-3 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Normal use: < 35 watts typical
- VESA standby: < 2 watts analog
- VESA suspend: < 2 watts analog
- VESA off: < 1 watt
- Maximum earth leakage current:
- < 3.5 mA at 264 V
- < 0.25 mA at 100 V
- One monitor
- Attached lift/tilt/swivel/pivot and height adjustment stand
- Attached 1.8-meter (5.9 ft) analog video signal cable (15-pin D to 15-pin D)
- Attached DVI Cable 40Y8255 (D to D)(2.0 meter)
- Power cord
- A 3 -> 2-pin ac adapter (Japan only)
- A Japanese proof of purchase card (Japan only)
- CD containing multilingual user's guide, setup test pattern, and .INF file
- Setup poster
- Safety, troubleshooting, and warranty guide
UL (U.S.), CSA/cUL (Canada), IEC950 CB Report, NEMKO (Norway), SEMKO, DEMKO (Denmark), FIMKO (Finland), TUV, CCC (China), NOM, SASO, GOST, PSB (Singapore), BSMI, JEITA, Green Mark (Taiwan), Australia, Jordon, UL-S (Argentina), FCC B (U.S.), IC (Canada), CE (Europe), MIC (Korea), VCCI Class B (Japan), New Zealand, South Africa
TCO-03 (9417HH2), TCO-99 (9417HC2), MPR-3 (Sweden), ISO 13406 Part 2, ENERGY STAR (U.S.), Microsoft Logo - Windows 2000/XP, RoHS, WEEE
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered trademark. As an ENERGY STAR Partner, Lenovo has determined that this product meets guidelines for energy efficiency.
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode will exceed 16 million and dependent on the capabilities of the video adapter in the system unit.
- The ThinkVision L171p provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- A 17.0-inch TFT monitor has nearly 4.0 million subpixel transistors laid over an area exceeding 140 square inches. Cost-effective manufacturing processes introduce a small number of defective subpixel transistors. The L171p meets the ISO 13406-2 Class 2 Pixel Defect Standard.
- Use of 50% gray background is not recommended since some users may experience undesirable FOS effects.
- The Auto-Setup "test pattern" can be used with Windows 3.1, Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, and DOS 7.0 only.