To remove the optical drive:
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Remove the optical drive. Disconnect the signal cable and the power cable.
- Press the optical drive release latch.
- Push the optical drive out from the rear until you can grasp it from the front and remove it from the bay.
- Lift the device retaining clip from the drive. Be sure to retain the clip for future use.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.