Hard drive installation movie
To remove the hard disk drive:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide and hold the battery latch in the unlock position.
- Grasp the battery pack and pull it out of the system.
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the hard disk drive:
- Remove the single locking screw.
- Remove the hard disk drive cover.
- Grasp the hard disk drive removal tab and pull the drive out.
- Remove the hard disk drive shock mounts.
- Flex the shock mount to release it from the drive and place aside.
- Use the same procedure to remove the other shock mount.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.