To remove a hard disk drive:
- Remove the side cover.
- Remove two rear screws.
- Grasp the handle and slide the cover approximately 1/2 inch to the rear.
- Rotate the cover out and lift off.
- Remove the front bezel. Disconnect the cable for the power switch LED assembly from the systemboard.
- There are three latching tabs on the left side and three hinge tabs on the right side of the bezel.
- While applying pressure to the top of the bezel, release each of the three tabs starting with the tabs on the top.
- Rotate the left side of the bezel away from the chassis until the hinge tabs are free.
- Lift the lbezel from the chassis using caution not to damage the power switch LED cable as you pull it through the chassis.
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables. For easier access to components, place the system on its side, this is the recommended service position.
- Remove the diskette drive. Disconnect the signal cable and power cable from the drive.
- Remove the two screws on the side of the drive and slide the drive through the front of the system.
- Remove the hard disk drive. Disconnect the signal cable and power cable from the drive.
- Remove the two screws on the side of the drive.
Note: There may be two along the bottom on some configurations.
- Grasp the drive and pull towards the rear of the system.
- Rotate the drive down to avoid damage to the heat sink or other components.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.