Modem daughter card installation movie
To remove the modem daughter card:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Unlock battery latch one.
- Unlock and hold battery latch two, and then slide out the battery pack.
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the keyboard:
- Remove the four screws from the bottom of the machine.
- Turn the ThinkPad over and open the cover.
- Press between the F8 and F9 keys toward the back of the ThinkPad. The front of the keyboard pops up.
- Lift up the keyboard.
- Disconnect the cable, and then remove the keyboard.
- Remove the upper cover:
- Turn the system over.
- Remove the six screws.
- Turn the system over and open the cover.
- Disconnect the fingerprint reader cable ZIF connector.
- Carefully separate the upper case from the base by lifting along the edges to free the latches.
- Place the cover aside.
- Remove the modem daughter card:
- Remove the two screws.
- Lift the card off the connector to gain access to the cable.
- Disconnect the cable and place the card on an ESD protected surface.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.