Keyboard installation movie
To remove the keyboard:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the system off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables.
- Close the system display and turn it over.
- Slide and hold the battery latch in the unlock position.
- Grasp the battery pack and pull it out of the system.
- Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the palm rest:
- Remove the four screws from the bottom of the ThinkPad.
- Turn the system over and open the display.
- Release the outer latches of the palm rest first, then pull up on the center to release the remaining latches.
- Disconnect the finger print reader UltraNav pad cable.
- Place the palm rest aside.
- Remove the keyboard:
- Turn the system over.
- Remove the single screw from the bottom of the system.
- Turn the system over and open the cover.
- Lift the keyboard off the system and disconnect the keyboard cable.
- Place the keyboard aside.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.