Backup battery installation movie
To remove the backup battery:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Then, disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide battery latch number one to the unlocked position.
- While holding spring-loaded latch number 2 in the unlocked position, slide out the battery pack.
Here is a closer look at battery latch one.
- Remove the hard disk drive:
- Remove the single locking screw.
- Open the cover slightly to gain access to the disk drive.
- Pull the drive out.
- Remove the keyboard:
- Remove the six screws from the bottom of the machine. The screws are identified with this icon.
- Turn the ThinkPad over and open the cover.
- Press between the F8 and F9 keys toward the back of the ThinkPad. The front of the keyboard pops up.
- Lift up the keyboard, raise the flap over the cable connector, disconnect the cable, and then remove the keyboard.
Here's a closer look at the keyboard cable removal.
- Remove the backup battery:
- Lift up the battery.
- Disconnect the cable.
ThinkPad movie index
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.