To install the backup battery:
- Put the RTC battery into place and connect the connector.
- The keyboard is replaced by connecting the cable to the systemboard and laying it into position
- Replace the palm rest by putting it into position and replacing the two cables
- Turn the system over and replace the five retaining screws
- Slide a drive into position until it seats
- Note that Drive 0 must be occupied
- Replace the drive cover and secure it with the single screw
- Lay the battery into position and snap it into place.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed removal and installation instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/