Communications daughter card installation movie
To remove the communications daughter card:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Unlock battery latch one.
- Unlock and hold battery latch two and then slide out the battery pack.
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the communications daughter card:
- Loosen the three captive screws on the access panel and lift it off.
- Remove the two screws.
- Lift the card up to disconnect the connector.
- Disconnect the antenna and modem cables.
- Lift the card out and place it on the ESD protected surface.
Note: Other systems might have other feature cards installed in this location, such as a modem card.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed communication daughter card installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.