- Push the battery latch to the unlocked position and gently slide the battery out of the system.
- Remove the single retaining screw.
- Use the screwdriver to push the Optical Drive out of the drive bay.
- From the left side of the system, press the slot filler until it pops back.
- Remove the slot filler from the system.
- This has to be done or the palm rest will not come off properly.
- Remove the seven retaining screws as shown.
- Turn the system over and open the cover.
- Unsnap and rotate the palmrest up and toward the front.
- Disconnect the TouchPad ribbon cable connector from the systemboard.
- Lift it up and away from the system.
ThinkPad movie index
Full service video CD available from http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/