Movie player help
Hard disk drive installation movie
Text of the audio portion of the hard disk drive removal movie
To remove the hard disk drive
- Disconnect the power cable and the signal cable.
- Grasp the handle, tilt the drive forward, and then using the handle, pull the drive out from the bay.
- Here is a closer look at the latching mechanism.
CAUTION: Pull the handle out in the direction of the arrow.
- Pulling the handle up might damage the drive rail harness. Here is a close up of the drive tilting forward and out of the system.
To remove the hard drive rail harness
- Flex the plastic on the sides to release the pins that secure the harness to the drive.
- Remove the drive from the harness
View detailed hard disk drive installation and removal instructions for A50 and S50 systems
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.