|Power supply installation movie|
To remove the power supply:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect the power cords and all external signal cables. Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly. Grasp the assemble and rotate to the open position.
- Remove the power supply. Disconnect the following power cables: P1 system board; P2 system board; P7 diskette drive; P6 optical drive.
- Grasp the handle on the hard disk drive and pull it out of the bay far enough to gain access to the power cable.
- Free the cable from the cable clamps and then disconnect the cable from the drive
- Remove the four screws that secure the power supply to the rear chassis.
- Slide the power supply to the front of the system and then lift the power supply out.
Note: Customer level systems will have a retention strap securing the power supply to the chassis. This strap will need to be removed to access the power supply
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.