Note for ThinkPad X1 Carbon users:
This document supports X1 Carbon with the following Machine Type:
- 3443, 3444, 3446, 3448, 3460, 3462, 3463
- 20A7, 20A8
- 20BS, 20BT
To find your X1 Carbon Type, please click here for more details.
System Update downloads data updates for software, drivers and BIOS from a Lenovo server directly over the Internet without requiring specific user knowledge of where the package is located or if it is needed by the target system.
Other ways in which ThinkVantage Technologies help you keep your system up to date and secure are:
- Provides a direct connection to Lenovo Service and Support for ThinkPad and ThinkCentre drivers, software and BIOS
- Helps maximize your system performance and minimize security vulnerability.
Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0 or above is required for System Update to work correctly. Use Microsoft Windows Update to ensure that Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is installed on your system.
ThinkVantage System Update is supported on the following systems:
- Lenovo 3000 C100, C200, N100, N200, V100, V200
- Lenovo 3000 J100, J105, J110, J115, J200, J200p, J205, S200, S200p, S205
- All ThinkPad
- All ThinkCentre
- All ThinkStation
- Lenovo V/B/K/E Series
Note: ThinkPad S440 & S540 does not support Windows 8.1
ThinkVantage System Update will support additional models as content is created for them.
Supported Operating Systems
The following operating system are supported:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 7
Summary of Changes
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- [Important] Forbid critical update without previous version
- [Important] Differentiate drivers installed by Windows Update
- [Important] Integrate new Metrics SDK
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- Determining Which Version is Installed
- Complete list of summary of changes
- Known limitations (if any)