This package updates the basic input/output system (BIOS) on Flash BIOS update - ThinkCentre M55, M55p - AMT
This package is for use with systems that are AMT capable.
BIOS is programming that controls low-level hardware operations, including interactions with diskette drives, hard drives, and the keyboard. The BIOS is stored on a chip. Your computer uses flash BIOS, which can be updated through a program on a flash diskette so that you do not have to replace the BIOS chip to update the BIOS.
Note: Make note of any settings you have changed in the BIOS Configuration Utility. These settings may have to be re-entered after updating the BIOS.
Summary of changes
- Fixes the issue where Winphlash tool shows 149 error after resume from S3
- Updates Winphlash tool
|Summary of changes made in previous updates|
|Determining if your system is AMT capable|
- Click Start, then click Run.
- Type msinfo32.exe, then click OK.
- Select System Summary.
- Look for BIOS Version/Date. You should see a value similar to either '2MKTxxAUS' or '2JKTxxAUS'. If the first two characters of the value are '2M', then your system is AMT capable and this package applies to your system. If your BIOS version starts with '2J', then you should click the following link to obtain the correct BIOS:
Flash BIOS update - ThinkCentre M55
Downloading the update
- In most instances, you will need only one of the listed exe or iso files.
- If you prefer to update your BIOS from within Windows, download 2mjy49usa.exe.
- If you prefer to create a diskette to update your BIOS, download both 2mjt49a.exe and 2mj249a.exe.
- If you prefer to create a bootable CD to update your BIOS, download 2mj949a.iso.
- Click the appropriate file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file, be sure to select a path that does not have a space in its name.
Installing the update
Follow the instructions provided in the corresponding txt file from above.
- If you prefer to update your BIOS from within Windows, view 2mjy49usa.txt.
- If you prefer to create a bootable diskette to update your BIOS, view 2mjt49a.txt.
- If you prefer to create a bootable CD to update your BIOS, view 2mj949a.txt.
Attention: Do not under any circumstance power off or restart the system during the Flash update procedure. Doing so will critically damage your system.
|Obtain instructions for extracting a diskette image or if you are extracting this image under Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, or XP|