- Lenovo G480 (2688, 20156), G580 (2689, 20157)
|Supported Operating Systems|
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
- This package updates the basic input/output system (BIOS) on Lenovo G480 (2688, 20156), G580 (2689, 20157).
BIOS, abbreviation of Basic Input/Output System, is integrated in ROM chip on main board, which contains the basic input/output program, system configuration information, system startup self-check and pre-setup programs. BIOS provides most basic low-level hardware operations; it is the connection between software and hardware, and interfacing window of hardware and operating system.
Note: Make note of any settings you have changed in the BIOS Configuration Utility. These settings may have to be re-entered after updating the BIOS.
Attention: Do not power off or restart your computer during the BIOS flashing process, which will cause serious damage and improper functioning of your computer.
- Latest Version BIOS fixed all merged issues from previous.
|Downloading the package|
- Click the file link to download the file from the web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
|Install the package in Windows|
- This BIOS is only for Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit. Check your OS is x86 (32bit) or x64(64-bit).
- Locate the file 62cn40ww_32 or 62cn40ww_64 that has been downloaded.
- Run 62cn40ww_32.exe or 62cn40ww_64.exe as administrator. (62cn40ww_32.exe is for X86 system; 62cn40_64.exe is for X64 system).
- This program will flash new BIOS to your PC without interventions, at last PC will automatically restart.