This package provides the ISO image file of UEFI BIOS which is compatible with CD/DVD/BD writing software to create the CD/DVD/BD for the UEFI BIOS update. Hereafter the CD/DVD/BD for the UEFI BIOS update is called as "BIOS Update CD"
The BIOS Update CD can boot the computer disregarding the operating systems and update the UEFI BIOS (including system program and Embedded Controller program) stored in the ThinkPad computer to fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
For that purpose, it is necessary to have the CD/DVD/BD writing software (with CD/DVD/BD creation function from the ISO image file) prepared separately.
Also, any one of the following types of CD-RW, CD-RW & DVD Combo, DVD, DVD Multi, BD or other optical drives should be prepared. (Hereafter these drives are called as "optical drive".)
- This program is language independent and can be used with any language system.
- Please create the CD/DVD from the ISO image file and install it. The contents of the BIOS Update CD cannot be shown by Windows Explorer.
Use the links below to obtain the BIOS and Embedded Controller files in other file formats:
- BIOS Utility
Supported ThinkPad Systems
- ThinkPad Helix (Type 369x, 370x)
Supported Operating System
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
Summary of Changes
- < > Package version
- UEFI: UEFI BIOS version
- ECP: Embedded Controller Program version
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
UEFI: 1.33 / ECP: 1.24
- [Important] Security fix addresses LEN-2015-002 SMM "Incursion" Attack and other security fixes. (Note) If the UEFI BIOS has been updated to version 1.32 or higher, it is no longer able to roll back to the version before 1.32 for security improvement.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the End/Insert key did not work correctly in Fn Key Lock state.
Please refer to the README file (content in English) for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- Determining Which Version is Installed
- Complete list of summary of changes
- Known limitations (if any)
|Previous Package Version||BIOS ID||ECP ID||Release|
|1.33||1.33 (GFET54WW)||1.24 (GFHT47WW)||Current release|
|1.30||1.30 (GFET51WW)||1.22 (GFHT45WW)||gfuj15us.iso
|1.29||1.29 (GFET50WW)||1.21 (GFHT44WW)||gfuj14us.iso
||1.16 (GFET37WW)||1.19 (GFHT42WW)||gfuj06us.iso