This package installs the software (Ethernet driver) to enable the following device.
|Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
||Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
|Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
||Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models support this software.
This package also installs Intel PROSet for Windows Device Manager which is an extension to the Windows Device Manager. After the Intel PROSet software is installed, additional tabs are automatically added to Device Manager.
If this package has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) this package will fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
This program is language independent and can be used with any language system.
- T430, T430i, T430s, T430si
- T530, T530i
- X230, X230i, X230s, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet
- Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit, 64-bit
- < > Version number
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Deleted support for Intel PROSet for Windows Device Manager.
- (Fix) Fixed a security vulnerability issue.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X230s.
- (New) Added support for Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection device.
- (Fix) Updated the description of how to use "Wake on Link".
Version 188.8.131.52 (Build 274402)
- (New) Initial release for ThinkPad T430,T430i,T430s,T430si,T530,T530i,W530,
X230,X230i,X230 Tablet,X230i Tablet.
Please refer to the README file in the attachment table for a complete list of changes fixed by this driver update.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with administrative account.
- Locate the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the "Select Destination Location" window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the "Ready to Install" window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in the step 9.
- Make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is checked and click Finish.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer.
Finally delete the file saved in Step 4.
Note: This is intended for system administrators only.
For unattended installation, Ethernet driver for DOS (e1000.dos) is prepared. Obtain the additional package,
"Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software for DOS" to use the Ethernet drivers for DOS.
Intel PROSet for Windows Device Manager is an extension to the Windows Device Manager. When you install the Intel PROSet software, additional tabs are automatically added to Device Manager.
- You must have administrator rights to install or use Intel PROSet.
- Before upgrading Intel PROSet, you have to uninstall the current PROSet that is installed on your ThinkPad.
If you still face an error message like "You must uninstall the old version", uninstall the Intel PROSet for Wireless LAN driver.
- All Intel PROSet features are now accessed from Device Manager. To access features, simply open the Device Manager and double-click the Intel adapter you would like to configure.
Note: This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Logon with an administrator account.
- Refer to the Manual Install section of Ethernet Driver, and download and extract the file.
- In the step 11 of the Installing files section of Ethernet Driver, uncheck the checkbox next to "Install ..... now", and then click Finish to cancel installation.
- Move to the following folder;
For Windows 8 32-bit:
[Path where the files were extracted]\APPS\PROSETDX\Win32
For Windows 8 64-bit:
[Path where the files were extracted]\APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64
- Double-click DxSetup.exe file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation.
- Hold down the Windows logo key and press X to open a menu at the lower-left
area of the screen.
- Select Device Manager from the menu.
- Double-click the Network adapters category.
- Double-click Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection OR
Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
- Click the Driver tab.
- Check Driver Version.