Note for ThinkPad X1 Carbon users:
This document supports both X1 Carbon (Type 3443, 3444, 3446, 3448, 3460, 3462, 3463) and X1 Carbon (Type 20A7, 20A8).
To find your X1 Carbon Type, please click here for more details.
This package provides the following update module for the Microsoft Windows 7 (QFE).
Included QFE and the description are listed as below:
||"0x000000C4" Stop error when you enable Driver Verifier in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2
Go to the following Microsoft site to get the detailed information.
- Edge 11, Edge 13, Edge 14, Edge 15, Edge E10, Edge E30, Edge E31, Edge E40, Edge E50
- Edge E120, Edge E125, Edge E220s, Edge E320, Edge E325
- Edge E420, Edge E420s, Edge S430, Edge E520
- Helix (Type 3xxx)
- L410, L412, L420, L421, L430
- L510, L512, L520, L530
- R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i, R400, R500
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T431s, T440, T440s, T440p, T540p
- T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i
- W500, W510, W520, W530, W540, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- X1, X1 Hybrid(*1), X1 Carbon
- X100e, X120e, X121e, X130e, X131e, X140e, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
- X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet, X230, X230i, X230s, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet
- X240, X240s
- X300, X301
- Yoga, S1 Yoga
*1: Supports Windows 7 64-bit only.
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit Standard, SP1
- < > Version numbers
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad 11e.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Machine types: 20A7, 20A8).
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad S1 Yoga,Yoga.
- (New) Added a sentence in the NOTES section
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T540p,W540,X140e.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T440,T440s,T440p,X240,X240s.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T431s, X230s.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad Helix (Type 3xxx), X1 Helix (Type 3xxx), X1 Helix (Type 3xxx) 3G.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X1 Carbon.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X131e, Edge S430.
- (Fix) Modified packaging for Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit version.
- (New) Initial release.
- This software can work correctly on Lenovo computers listed above.
- This software may not be installed when updating via Windows Update.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with administrative account.
- Locate the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the "Select Destination Location" window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the "Ready to Install" window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in the step 9.
- Make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is checked and click Finish.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer.
Finally delete the file saved in Step 4.
- Start Windows and logon with an administrator account.
- Click Start, and click Control Panel.
- Make sure View by Category is selected, and click Uninstall a program.
- Select update module KB2661796 listed under the Microsoft Windows group, and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and restart the computer.