The Intel(R) Chipset Device Software installs Windows* INF files to the target system. These files outline to the operating system how to configure the Intel(R) chipset components in order to ensure that the following features function properly:
- Core PCI and ISAPNP Services
- PCIe Support
- IDE/ATA33/ATA66/ATA100 Storage Support
- SATA Storage Support
- USB Support
- Identification of Intel(R) Chipset Components in the Device Manager
This update takes approximately 6MB of space on your hard drive.
|Supported Operating systems|
This package supports the following Operating systems:
- Windows 8 (64bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
This package installs Plug and Play INF support for Intel chipset components on the following systems:
- ThinkStation S30 system
- ThinkStation D30 system
- ThinkStation C30 system
|Downloading the package|
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
|Extracting the package|
- Click Start, then click Start Search.
- Type c1chp07ws17.exe in the search field, then click Search Everywhere. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the c1chp07ws17.exe icon. You may see a dialog stating "A program needs your permission to continue". If you see this dialog, click Continue.
- Click Next. Read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\CHIPSET\c1chp07ws17.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
|Installing the package|
- Close all open applications.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, then click Run.
- Type C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\CHIPSET\c1chp07ws17\Setup.exe, then click OK.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.