This package installs Power Manager utility programs.
If this package has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) this package will fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
- Edge 11, Edge 13, Edge 14, Edge 15
- Edge E10, Edge E30, Edge E40, Edge E50
- Edge E120, Edge E125, Edge E220s, Edge E320, Edge E325
- Edge E420, Edge E420s, Edge E520, Edge L330
- Edge S430
- L410, L412, L420, L421, L430, L510, L512, L520, L530
- Reserve Edition
- R51e, R52, R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
- R400, R500
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si
- T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si
- T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i
- W500, W510, W520, W530, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X1, X1 Carbon (Type 34xx)
- X32, X40, X41, X41 Tablet
- X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- X100e, X120e, X121e, X130e, X131e
- X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
- X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet
- X230, X230i, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet, X230s
- X300, X301
- Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X230s.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where power schedule settings by the Group policy might not work correctly.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the "Peak power scheduler" status did not displayed on tooltip message.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the GPU meter did not display on user interface when external monitor was attached and lid was closed.
- (New) Added support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 for ThinkPad S430,Edge S430.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X131e.
- (New) Added Enhanced Active Directory support.
- (New) Remove Battery Firmware Update function.
- (New) Updated user interface of Airplane in-seat power mode.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where a virtual optical drive is turned off instead of actual optical drive.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where battery firmware update function does not update the Last checked date when the update is not available.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where battery firmware version is shown even when it is all 0.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where Fn + F3 shows On Screen Display even when user logs off.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where Lenovo Patch Utility reports Power Manager crash when the other program crashes on explorer.exe.
- (Fix) Fixed memory leak issue.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad Edge L330.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Type 34xx).
- (New) Updated Cisco EnergyWise.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L430,L530,T430,T430i,T430s,T430si,T530,T530i, W530,X230,X230i,X230 Tablet,X230i Tablet.
- (New) Added support for Battery Firmware Update.
Please refer to the README file in the attachment table for a complete list of changes fixed by this driver update.
To install this package, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 and up should be installed before installation.
The .NET Framework can be obtained from the following web site.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Determining Which Version is Installed section.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
1. Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
2. Follow the instructions on the screen.
3. In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save
4. Choose the directory you would like to download the file to and click the Save
button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
5. Make sure to be logged on with administrative account.
6. Locate the directory where the file was downloaded.
7. Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
8. Follow the instructions on the screen.
9. In the "Select Destination Location" window, click Next
. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse
10. In the "Ready to Install" window, click Install
. The file will begin to extract all the necessary files to the folder specified in the step 9.
11. Make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is selected and click Finish
12. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer.
Finally delete the file saved in the step 4.
Note: This is for system administrators' use only.
- Refer to the "Manual Install" section, and download and extract the files.
- In the step 11 of the "Installing files" section, uncheck the checkbox next to "Install ..... now", and then click Finish to cancel installation.
- At the command line, execute setup.exe with the /s option.
Example: [Path where the files were extracted]\setup /s
- Start Windows and logon with administrative account.
- Click Start, click Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click ThinkPad Power Manager driver, then click the Remove or Change/Remove.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and restart the computer.
- Start Power Manager. The main screen will be displayed.
- Click ? mark at the top right of the main screen, and select the About Power Manager... . The version will be displayed.
Necessary files and information to allow Active Directory to control Power Manager settings.