ThinkPad stores various BIOS settings in its non-volatile memory. These settings are configured by using the ThinkPad setup menu. In general, this is done manually by the user. However, from a deployment point of view, the BIOS settings are expected to be common to all machines and to be controlled remotely.
This program is the Windows based of "ThinkPad Setup Settings Capture/Playback Utility" (SRCMOS.EXE or SRSETUP.EXE).
This package provides the following features:
- Copy ThinkPad setup data settings
- Copy ThinkPad secure data settings
- Install and update for power-on password
- Install for hard disk password
- L430, L530
- Reserve Edition
- R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
- R400, R500
- T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si
- T430, T430i, T430s, T430si
- T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i
- T530, T530i
- W500, W510, W520, W530
- W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
- X220, X220 Tablet, X220i, X220i Tablet
- X230, X230i, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet
- X300, X301
- Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet 2005
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L430, L530, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T530, T530i, W530, X230, X230i, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the hard disk password could not be set in the second internal hard disk or later.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X1.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad W520.
- (New) Added support for the following models.
ThinkPad T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si
ThinkPad T500, T510, T510i
ThinkPad W500, W510
ThinkPad W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
ThinkPad X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
ThinkPad X300, X301
ThinkPad R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
ThinkPad T60, T60p, T61, T61p
ThinkPad X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
ThinkPad Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
ThinkPad Reserve Edition
Please refer to the README file under the "File details" section for a complete list of changes fixed by this driver update.
- Both the donor ThinkPad and a target ThinkPad must have the same BIOS Level.
- The BiosSettingsWindows version on both donor and target must be the same.
- Both donor and target must have a Supervisor Password to use this tool. This is for security reasons to prevent malicious software from setting an unknown Supervisor Password, locking all users out of the system.
- Using Passphrase setting (BIOS Setup Utility -> Security -> Password) must be the same on both donor and target ThinkPad.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
- The program must be installed on both the donor ThinkPad and the target ThinkPad.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Locate the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the "Location to Save Files" window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in the step 8.
[Using the software]
- Refer to "BiosSettingsWindows User's Guide.doc" in the folder selected in the step 8.
You can use this program by copying the entire directory from the donor ThinkPad to the target ThinkPad.
Note: This is intended for system administrators only.
- Refer to the "Manual Install" section, and download and extract the file.
- At the command line, excecute the downloaded file with the /S option.
Example: [Path where the files were extracted]\83TS02WW /S