This patch is designed to detect password-protected secondary hard disk after resume/wake from sleep/hibernate.
Password-protected secondary hard disk is not shown in My Computer but can be seen in Device Manager the first time it is attached to the computer. This is by-design.
But after putting the system to sleep, the secondary hard disk must be detected in My Computer upon system resume.
- Lenovo 3000 C200, N200, V200
- ThinkPad L410, L412, L420, L421, L430, L510, L512, L520, L530
- ThinkPad Reserve Edition
- ThinkPad R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad R400, R500
- ThinkPad SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- ThinkPad T61, T61p
- ThinkPad T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si
- ThinkPad T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i , T530, T530i
- ThinkPad W500, W510, W520, W530, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- ThinkPad X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- ThinkPad X1 Hybrid(*1)
- ThinkPad X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
- ThinkPad X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet, X230, X230i, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet
- ThinkPad X300, X301
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit, 64-bit
- *1: Supports Windows 7 64-bit only.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L430, L530, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T530, T530i, W530, X230, X230i, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X1 Hybrid for Windows 7 64-bit.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T520, T520i, W520, X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet for Microsoft Windows Vista.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad W520.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad L421.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T420s, T420si, L420, L520, Edge E420s.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T420, T420i, T520, T520i
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad W701, W701ds.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T410i,T410s,T410si,T510i.
- (Fix) Removed support for ThinkPad X100e,ThinkPad Edge 13",ThinkPad Edge E30.
- (New) Added support for T410, T510, W510, L410, L510, SL410, SL510, Edge 13", Edge E30.
- [Important] Added support for Microsoft Windows 7.
- (Fix) Added Readme file.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to install the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with administrative account.
- Locate the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the "Select Destination Location" window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the "Ready to Install" window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in the step 9.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to "Install ..... now", and then click Finish to cancel installation.
- Click Start, select All Programs, then select Accessories.
- Right-click on Command Prompt, then select Open as Administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following and press the Enter key to create the task by importing the XML file into Task Scheduler.
schtasks /create /xml c:\swtools\osfixes\diskupdt\DiskUpdate.xml /tn DiskUpdate
This command must be run only when task scheduler service is already running.
- Restart the computer. The task must be seen in the Task Scheduler.
Delete the file saved in the step 4.
- Open Task Scheduler.
- Double click DiskUpdate listed on the 'Active Tasks' list.
- Right click on DiskUpdate and click Delete.
- Delete folder of DISKUPDT located under C:\SWTOOLS\OSFIXES.
The following versions have been released to date.