- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
Version 3.2.1540.14 (6XA105WW)
- This driver is required to install a retail version of the Windows XP into your ThinkPad X100e under AHCI mode.
- ThinkPad X100e doesn't support the RAID feature of the driver.
- Please use Microsoft Windows included driver for Windows 7 installation.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
Download and unpack the package should be done under a Windows OS. Installation requires a USB Floppy Disk drive and a floppy disk.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- UnZip the downloaded file and copy entire files to a formatted floppy disk.
- Attach a floppy disk drive to your computer.
- Make sure that SATA AHCI is enabled;
- Power off the computer.
- Power on the computer.
- Press the F1 key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility when the "ThinkPad" logo is seen on the screen. The BIOS Setup Utility menu will be displayed. If a password prompt appears, type the correct password.
- Select Config.
- Select Serial ATA (SATA).
- Make sure AHCI is selected.
- Press the F3 key, and then press the F3 key to go back to main menu.
- Make sure that Operating System can be installed from Windows XP CD;
- Select Startup.
- Select Boot.
- In Boot Priority Order, set ATAPI CD0: to the top of the list, 1.
- Press the F10 key to save the new setup, and then select Yes. The computer will restart.
- Set the Windows XP installation disc on a ThinkPad X100e optical drive.
- Power on the ThinkPad X100e and start installation.
- Press F6 key to select an external hard disk driver before continue installation.
- When prompted, select S for Specify Additional Device.
- When prompted, insert the floppy disk that you created in step 5, and press Enter.
- Select AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller-x86 platform then Enter.
- Follow the Windows XP install instruction and complete installation.
- Click Start.
- Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- At the left pane, click Device Manager.
- Double-click the AHCI SCSI and RAID controllers category.
- Double-click the following adapters. AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller
- Click the Driver tab.
- Check Driver Version.