This package is meant for any system running Microsoft Windows Vista configured with Rescue and Recovery 4.0.0117 or 4.0.0123
- Update to the restore process on a blank hard drive in selected countries.
- Update to the restore process (specifically operating system/application restore, or full restore with password persistence enabled), to allow for the Vista activation key to be maintained.
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
- Click Start, then click Start Search.
- Type bcdpatch.exe in the search field, then click Search Everywhere. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the bcdpatch.exe icon. You may see a dialog stating "A program needs your permission to continue". If you see this dialog, click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.