- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file, be sure to select a path that does not have a space in its name.
Before you begin, have a blank 1.44 MB diskette ready.
Note: Do not interrupt the flash update process once downloading to the drive has started! This can make your drive permanently unusable.
- Click Start, select Find or Search, then click Files and Folders.
- Insert a blank 1.44MB floppy diskette into the diskette drive.
- Type pz1t21a.exe in the search field, then click Find Now. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the pz1t21a.exe icon.
- Follow the onscreen prompts. The necessary files will be extracted to the diskette.
- Shutdown the machine, then boot it with the diskette in the drive.
- Press the F1 key on the keyboard to go to the BIOS settings screen.
- Locate the Startup options.
- Ensure the the Floppy drive is selected as the first startup device.
- Save your settigns and exit the BIOS settings screen.
- Allow the machine to boot with the diskette in the diskette drive.
- The CD-ROM firmware will be updated.
- Once the CD-ROM firmware update has completed, remove the diskette from the diskette drive and reboot the system.