Before servicing the computer, disable the battery pack in the UEFI BIOS.
- Turn off your computer and disconnect the ac power adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Turn on your computer. Press F1 to enter the ThinkPad Setup program when the ThinkPad logo is displayed.
- Select Config -> Power. The submenu will be displayed.
- Select Disable Built-in Battery.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Then the battery pack is disabled in the UEFI BIOS. When ac power is reconnected, the battery pack will be automatically enabled.