Note: Not for T42/p or T43/p systems with the 15 inch display.
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the keyboard.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over again. Next remove the palm rest of the computer. To do this, remove the 5 screw caps shown in the drawing, using the tip of a thin screwdriver.
- Remove the screws (5)(6)(7).
Note: Remember that each screw you remove in this step must be reinstalled in a screwhole appropriate for it. That is, a screw marked (5) in the drawing must be reinstalled in a screwhole marked (5). To make sure that each screw is reinstalled in the correct screwhole, check it against the screw identification key next to the screwhole.
- Detach the touch pad connector (8), and remove the palm rest (9).
- Press out on the latches (1) on both edges of the socket at the same time, until the card moves up (2).
- Disconnect the cables from the card (3) by pulling the tabs with your fingers; then remove the card (4).
- Align the contact edge of the new Mini PCI Card with the corresponding socket contact of the computer (1). Connect the cables to the new Mini PCI Card (2).
- Pivot the card until you can snap it into place by pressing the upper side of the connectors.
Note: Make sure that the card is firmly fixed in the slot and does not move easily.
- Attach the touch pad connector (1) and reinstall the palm rest (2).
- Reinstall the keyboard.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over. Reinstall screws (1), (2), and (3). To make sure that each screw is reinstalled in the correct screwhole, check it against the screw identification key next to the screwhole.
- Put the battery in place.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and cables to the computer; then turn it on.