Note: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information" in the Quick Reference that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the Quick Reference or HMM, go to /ContentResources/Migrated Assets/think/support.
This section provides instructions on how to replace a mouse.
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached devices.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Locate the mouse connector.
Note: Your mouse might be connected to a standard mouse connector 1 or a USB connector 2. Depending on where your mouse is connected, see "Locating the connectors on the rear of your computer" or "Locating the connectors on the front of your computer".
- Disconnect the failing mouse cable from the computer.
- Connect the new mouse to the appropriate connector on the computer.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".