Attention: Do not remove the computer cover or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information" in the Quick Reference that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the Quick Reference or HMM, go to the Support Web site at /ContentResources/Migrated Assets/think/support.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
Note: For this procedure, it helps to lay the computer on its side.
- Remove the front bezel. See "Removing and replacing the front bezel".
Note: Some optical drives can be removed without first removing the front bezel.
- Disconnect the signal and power cables from the rear of the optical drive.
- Release the optical disk drive by pressing on the blue retainer lever at the side of the drive and removing it from the front of the computer.
- Remove the retainer bracket from the failing drive and install it on the new drive.
- Slide the new optical drive into the bay from the front until it snaps into position.
- Reconnect the signal and power cables to the drive.
- Reinstall the front bezel. See "Removing and replacing the front bezel".
- To complete the installation, go to "Completing the installation".