To replace the keyboard, do the following:
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached devices.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Locate the keyboard connector.
Note: Your keyboard might be connected to a standard keyboard connector 1 or a USB connector 2. Depending on where your keyboard is connected, see "Locating connectors on the rear of your computer" or "Locating computer components".
- Disconnect the failing keyboard cable from the computer.
- Connect the new keyboard to the appropriate connector on the computer.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".