Note: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information" in the Quick Reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the Quick Reference or HMM, go to /ContentResources/Migrated Assets/think/support.
- Open the computer cover. See "Opening the computer cover".
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the system board.
- Pull upwards on the blue handle to remove the PCI riser from the computer.
- Open the adapter latch and remove the failing adapter.
- Remove the new adapter from its static protective package.
- Install the new adapter into the expansion connector in the PCI riser.
- Close the adapter latch to retain the adapter.
- Reinstall the PCI riser into the system board.
- Complete the parts replacement. See "Completing the parts replacement".