Attention: Read "Safety information" and "Handling electrostatic discharge-sensitive devices" in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM).
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down the computer, and turn off all attached devices.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Locate the connector for the mouse. See "Locating controls and connectors on the computer".
Your mouse might be connected to the standard mouse connector 1 at the rear of the computer or to a USB connector 2 at either the front or rear of the computer.
- Disconnect the failing mouse cable from the computer and connect the new mouse cable to the appropriate connector.
- Go to "Completing parts installation".