- Turn off the computer, or enter hibernation mode. Then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
Note: If you are using an ExpressCard, the computer may not be able to enter hibernation mode. In such a case, turn off the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Unlock the battery latch  to the unlocked position.
- Unlock the battery latch  by sliding it to the unlocked position. Holding the latch in the unlocked position, remove the battery .
- Install a fully charged battery .
- Slide the battery latch to the locked position .
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the AC adapter and the cables to the computer.