Your computer has four connectors for installing dual inline memory modules (DIMMs) that provide up to a maximum of 4.0 GB of system memory.
When installing DIMMs, the following rules apply:
- Fill each system memory connector sequentially, starting at DIMM connector 1.
- Use 2.5 V, 184-pin, 333 MHz double data rate synchronous dynamic random access memory (DDR SDRAM).
- Use 128 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB or 1.0 GB (when available) DIMMs in any combination.
- DIMMs are 38.1 mm (1.5 inches) in height.
Note: Only DDR SDRAM DIMMs can be used.
These instructions are also available in movie format:
To install a DIMM
- Remove the cover. See "Cover removal".
- To locate the DIMM connectors, see "Removal and installation index".
- Open the retaining clips.
- Make sure the notches in the DIMM align with the tabs on the connector. Push or insert the DIMM straight down into the connector until the retaining clips close.
What to do next