Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
To replace the system fan assembly:
- Locate the system fan assembly. See “Identifying parts on the system board”.
- Disconnect the system fan assembly cable from the system board. See “Identifying parts on the system board”.
- Pull the system fan assembly out of chassis.
- Install the new system fan assembly by aligning the rubber mounts of the system fan assembly with the holes on the chassis and push the rubber mounts through the holes.
- Pull on the tips of the rubber mounts until the fan assembly is in place.
- Connect the system fan assembly cable to the system fan connector on the system board.
- Go to “Completing the installation”.