Your system has a Modem Daughter Card (MDC) slot, in which you can install a Modem Daughter Card.
During electrical storms, do not connect the cable to or disconnect it from the telephone outlet on the wall.
Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the cables before opening the cover of this slot.
Before you start installing a module, touch a metal table or a grounded metal object. This action reduces any static electricity from your body. The static electricity could damage the Modem Daughter Card.
To remove and replace the MDC, do as follows:
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the Tablet Digitizer Pen.
- Remove the keyboard.
- Remove the palm rest.
- Remove two screws securing the MDC.
- Remove the MDC by pulling the tab with your fingers. Then disconnect the modem cable from the MDC.
- Connect the modem cable to the new MDC, and then attach the MDC to the slot so that it is seated firmly.
- Secure the MDC with two screws which you have removed in step 9.
- Reinstall the palm rest.
- Store the Tablet Digitizer Pen back in its slot.
- Reinstall the keyboard.
- Put the battery in place.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and cables to the computer; then turn it on.