To remove the hard disk drive:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly.
- Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Disconnect the power cable and the signal cable from the hard disk drive
- Grasp the drive tray handle and pull the drive tray assembly out of the cage
To remove the tray from the hard disk drive
- Flex the tray to release the locking pins on the tray from the holes in the drive and lift it off.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.