After completing the service, install any other removed parts, install the computer cover, and reconnect any cables, including telephone lines and power cords. Also, depending on the part that was replaced, confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility program. See "Starting the Setup Utility" in your Quick Reference or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual.
To complete the installation:
- Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside the computer. See "Locating components" for the location of the various components.
- Make sure that the cables are routed correctly before replacing the computer cover.
- Position the computer cover on the chassis so that the rail guides on the bottom of the computer cover engage the rails. Then, push the computer cover closed until it snaps into position.
- If a cover lock is installed, lock the cover.
- Reconnect the external cables. Plug the power cord into the computer, then into a properly grounded power receptacle. See "Locating front connectors" and "Locating rear connectors".
- To update the system configuration, see "Starting the Setup Utility" in the Quick Reference that was included with the computer.
Note: In most areas of the world, Lenovo requires the return of the defective customer replaceable unit (CRU). Information about this will come with the CRU or will come a few days after the CRU arrives.