Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to:http://www.lenovo.com/support
This section provides instructions on how to replace the rear fan assembly.
To replace the rear fan assembly, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- Locate the rear fan assembly. See "Locating components".
- Disconnect the rear fan assembly cable from the system fan connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- The rear fan assembly is attached to the chassis by four rubber mounts. Remove the rear fan assembly by breaking or cutting the rubber mounts and gently pulling the rear fan assembly out of the chassis.
Note: The new rear fan assembly will have four new rubber mounts attached.
Figure 1. Removing the rear fan assembly
- Install the new rear fan assembly by aligning the new rubber mounts with the corresponding holes in the chassis and push the rubber mounts through the holes.
- Pull on the tips of the rubber mounts until the rear fan assembly is secured in place.
Figure 2. Installing the rear fan assembly
- Connect the rear fan assembly cable to the system fan connector on the system board.
- To complete the installation or replacement, go to "Completing the parts replacement"