Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
The memory module might be very hot. Turn off the computer and wait three to five minutes to let the computer cool before opening the computer cover.
This section provides instructions on how to replace a memory module.
Note: Your computer has support for six memory modules.
To remove or replace the memory module, do the following:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the memory module slots. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Remove the memory module being replaced by opening the retaining clips.
- Position the replacement memory module over the memory slot. Make sure the notch (1) on the memory module aligns correctly with the slot key (2) on the system board. Push the memory module straight down into the slot until the retaining clips close.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".