This section provides instructions on how to complete the FRU replacement.
After replacing the FRUs, you need to reinstall any removed parts, reconnect and route any internal cables, reinstall the computer cover, and reconnect any external cables, such as power cords. Depending on the FRUs replaced, you might need to confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility program, see "Using the Setup Utility program".
When the power cord is first plugged in, the computer might appear to turn on for a few seconds and then turn off. This is a normal sequence to enable the computer to initialize.
To reinstall the computer cover and reconnect cables to your computer:
- Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside your computer. See "Locating components" for the location of the various components.
- If you have removed the front bezel, reinstall it. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel".
- Make sure that the cables are routed correctly before reinstalling the computer cover. Keep cables clear of the hinges and sides of the computer chassis to avoid interference with reinstalling the computer cover.
- Position the computer cover on the chassis so that the rail guides on the bottom of the computer cover engage the rails on the chassis. Then, push the cover to the front of the computer until it snaps into position.
- If the computer cover is secured with thumbscrews, install them.
- If there is a padlock available, lock the computer cover.
- If there is an integrated cable lock available, lock the computer.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords to the computer. See "Locating connectors on the rear of your computer".
- If you have replaced the system board, you must update (flash) the BIOS. See "Flash update procedures".
- Some FRU replacements require the configuration to be updated. See "Using the Setup Utility program".