Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
This section provides information on how to remove or replace a PCI adapter card.
To remove or replace the PCI adapter card, do the following:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Unlatch and open the adapter card retainer (1).
- Take note of the location of all cable connections on the adapter card. It will be necessary to reconnect them properly when installing a new adapter card.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the adapter card. See "Locating parts on the system board"
- Some models have:
- A screw installed in the adapter bracket, remove this screw.
- An additional retention feature located on the card guide end. Push the retention feature toward the front of the chassis before removing the adapter card.
- Release the adapter card support retaining latch (1) if necessary. Grasp the failing adapter card and pull the adapter card out of the slot.
Note: The adapter card fits tightly into the card slot. If necessary, alternate moving each side of the adapter card a small amount until it is removed from the adapter card slot.
- Remove the new adapter card from its static-protective package. 8. Install the new adapter card into the appropriate adapter card slot on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Connect any adapter card cables to the system board.
- Latch the adapter card retainer.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".