Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
To replace a diskette drive, do the following:
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal and installation".
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the diskette drive cables.
- Disconnect the signal and power cables from the rear of the diskette drive.
- Release the diskette drive by pressing inward on the blue retainer at the side of the drive.
- Remove the diskette drive by sliding the drive out the rear of the drive bay.
- Remove the retainer bracket from the failing diskette drive and install it on the new diskette drive.
- Install the new diskette drive into the bay from the rear until the drive snaps into position.
- Connect the signal and power cables to the new diskette drive.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".