Your computer has a PCI Express Mini Card slot. To replace the PCI Express Mini Card with a new one, follow the procedure below.
- During electrical storms, do not connect the cable to or disconnect it from the telephone outlet on the wall.
- Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the cables before opening the cover of this slot. A
- Before you start installing a PCI Express Mini Card, touch a metal table or a grounded metal object. This action reduces any static electricity from your body. The static electricity could damage the card.
To replace the PCI Express Mini Card, do as follows:
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer. Wait for a few minutes, till the inside of the computer cools, before you start the following procedures.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the keyboard.
- Remove the screws (1). The card pops up (2).
- If a tool for removing connectors is included in the package with the new card, use it to disconnect the cables from the card (3). If no such tool is included, disconnect the cables from the card (3) by picking up the connectors with your fingers and gently unplugging them. Then remove the card (4).
- Align the contact edge of the new PCI Express Mini Card with the corresponding socket contact of the computer (1). Connect the cables to the new PCI Express Mini Card (2).
- Pivot the card until you can snap it into place by pressing the upper side of the connectors (3). Secure the card with the two screws (4).
- Reinstall the keyboard.
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the AC adapter and cables to the computer; then turn it on.