To remove the DIMM:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached peripheral devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly. Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Push out on the two latches.
- Lift the DIMM out of the socket and place the DIMM on a static protected surface.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.