Information and instructions for installing and removing adapters. The 2296 and 8434 computers have three expansion slots for PCI adapters. You can install an adapter up to 228 mm (9 inches) long.
Note: The AGP port is disabled on some systems. If there is a plug in your AGP port, the port may not be used.
To install an adapter:
- Remove the cover. For more information; see Cover removal.
- Remove the adapter slot cover for the appropriate expansion slot.
- Remove the adapter from its static-protective package.
- Install the adapter into the appropriate slot on the system board.
- Secure the adapter with the screw as shown.
NoteE: To complete the installation, go to Cover installation and connecting the cables.